2.07.2012

Happy CHD Awareness Week!

Today marks the beginning of Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Week! 


Recently I contacted our local Mayor, Buddy Dyer and requested that he complete a proclamation for Orlando to have February 7-14th officially Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week in Orlando. To my surprise, I received a call from his secretary a couple of weeks later letting me know that he had indeed done this for me and she would be sending me the proclamation in the mail. Wow. There were no words to explain my excitement over this. I received my proclamation in the mail the very next day.




I'd like to find a beautiful frame to put this on our family photo wall in our living room. The even more crazy thing is that the last "Whereas" section, is actually my email word for word to the Mayor. My own words are on that proclamation. I never thought I would EVER do anything like this in my entire life. I'm not the "go getter" type of person and I don't normally have anything to do with government, laws, legislation, bills, etc. I think I'm making a difference. I'm finding my voice. And who do I have to thank for this? MY SON! Thank you Kaleb for making me a better mother and person, you are an amazing little man and have so many gifts to give!



0 thoughts:

Post a Comment