3.30.2011

Dear Daddy...

I love my Dad. He has always been there for me and done whatever possible to make sure I'm taken care of. I'm worried about him, I've actually always worried about him. Even when I was a little girl when we lived in New Jersey and he would go out on the back porch to light the grill [I was terrified...I hid under the dining room table]. I wish he knew how important he is to my little family. I wish he would open up more. I also pray daily for his health and happiness. Dad you'll never know what you mean to me or how much I worry about you. You are so very important to me, Dennis, and the kids. You raised a very well educated and smart daughter, you should know by now that you aren't getting anything past me.

Please keep fighting. 
I love you. 




Daddy take me with you 
I promise I'll be good 
Daddy, this is next time 
And momma said I could 

Sittin' in the front seat ridin' down town 
An icecream cone I'd rap him around 
My little finger 
Tighter then my baby could 
You can make a tear go a long long way 
When you're daddy's little girl 

Well he tightened my bike chain from 7 to 13 
Taught me to drive when I was a wild thing 
Reached and he prayed while I made some mistakes 
That I wouldn't have made if I'd have done it his way 

Now he hugs me when he sees me 
We talk about the past 
He tries to give me money 
And I try and give it back 

He's a book of advice 
More then I need 
The look in his eyes is saying to me 
Let me help you all I can 
While I'm still in this world 
What will you do when you're daddy's gone 
And you're daddy's little girl 

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment