9.15.2010

24 Weeks

24 weeks- length of an ear of corn
"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

How far along? 24 weeks- this is the earliest that professionals will consider a baby to be "viable" if born for any reason, obviously with a lot of medical interventions. Keep cooking Kaleb!
Baby’s Size: About a foot long, the length of an ear of corn.
Total Weight Gain: probably about 7 or 8 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: yep
Movement: Kaleb is a mover and a shaker for sure
Sleep: finally getting more sleep, less nightmares.
Symptoms: not many..other than my huge belly.
Best Moments this week: less stress. more time to relax.
Food Aversions: nothing really...I think nuggets are officially back on the food list that is okay to eat.
Food Cravings: OREOS, wth? I have completely turned my back on popsicles and now almost have a breakdown if there are no oreos in my house. I had oreos for dinner last night and I think I will have oreos for lunch today. Sue me! 
What I miss: I miss being able to bend over. Before Dennis leaves in the morning I have to think of anything I might have to do after he leaves that involved bending over so I can ask him to do it before he leaves. I don't really remember this being an issue with Nolan. It's even getting hard to shave my legs, I never had that problem with Nolan though. Weird.
What I am Looking forward to: Next Friday MORNING (not the afternoon...that's our cardiologist appointment) but I can't really say why I'm looking forward to that morning...my little secret.
Milestones: Viability this week but not planning to meet Kaleb anytime soon!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment