9.08.2010

23 Weeks

23 weeks- mango
"Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb."

How far along? 23 weeks
Baby’s Size: 11" in length and weighing over a pound (as much as a large mango)-- Actually Kaleb had a growth scan today and he weighs 1lb 8oz
Total Weight Gain: 6lbs...the weight gain is finally coming
Maternity Clothes: that's all I can wear
Gender: still a boy
Movement: Kaleb is always moving, thank god! When he is sleeping I get so worried and I yell at him to wake up or shake my tummy some. I know that sounds terrible but I'm TERRIFIED I will lose him before the due date.
Sleep: not at all. not only is it getting uncomfortable but I am having constant dreams about Kaleb and what his condition will be when he is born.
Symptoms: worse heartburn and my left foot was swollen the other night. no where near how it was with Nolan though...ugh the swelling and heart burn were TERRIBLE
Best Moments this week: Meeting with Dr. Busowski (perinatologist) and getting a growth scan, I love seeing my little love bug. It looks like his hands are actually open and he gave us a thumbs up!
Food Aversions: string cheese and nuggets
Food Cravings: Macaroni and Cheese (only the cheap 69 cent kind from target), I'm losing my zest for pop sicles too
What I miss: I miss time. My due date is rapidly approaching and I feel like I need more time...more time to adjust, more time to get ready, more time to understand and prepare myself. I just need time. Probably because I'm an avoider at heart and like to avoid negative situations and I'm really worried that when Kaleb is born there is going to be a whole host of problems.
What I am Looking forward to: Our cardiologist appointment in two weeks for another echocardiogram to measure the left side of the heart, GROW HEART GROW!!! I think the heart looked pretty great today but apparently I'm not a trained professional, I like to think I am in this situation.
Milestones: Nearly 6 months pregnant only 3 months to go!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment