6.09.2011

Putting myself back together again

"Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers, you just breath deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time pain can be managed but sometimes the pain gets you where you least expect it. Hits way below the belt and doesn't let up. Pain, you just have to fight through, because the truth is you can't outrun it and life always makes more."

Everything is still so painful, but I will tell you it is getting a little easier to deal with. I went back to work a couple of days ago which I like. It helps get my mind off of things that are going on in our lives. I really enjoy my job so it's a nice distraction from the pain in my life. I also really enjoy the people that I work with. 

I've decided that I HAVE to get a tattoo. Suddenly I feel like I want a dozen so that I can remember as many things about my dad that I loved. I don't know why I feel like I have to remember those through tattoos but they will always be with me. This blog is here but who knows, maybe in 50 years I won't have it to look at anymore. (ew, I just thought of myself being 70 years old with tattoos all over the place, haha). I want to get his favorite sayings, the nickname he called me, scripture, and a tattoo of the cross that was given to me by our minister at his service. I know that is too much for me so maybe I can try to incorporate all of them together somehow? I don't know...I'll figure that out later. If anyone knows someone that draws up tattoos just as a hobby and wants to help me out, let me know! 

I've got to run to work now and get some things done. I've got so many things to update about and so many pictures to post. I think when you become a mommy you automatically get three extra hours to every day so that you can get EVERYTHING done in one day. Brilliant! 

2 thoughts:

beck

I love the tattoo idea! I think its a great way to keep his memories with you! ....would 3 hours be enough? :)

Erin

3 hours for what?!

Post a Comment