6.13.2011

My dad's service. Friday, June 3, 2011, 9:30 AM.

These are my photos from my dad's service. It was such a beautiful day with two really great airmen from the Air Force to give my dad military honors. They presented me with a flag and Taps was played. What a beautifully dreadful day. 

People have been asking me lately why I post all of this personal stuff. Because I want to remember everything, all of the difficult times and all of the happy times. I cherish my time with my family and friends and want something to look back on, something so honest it's painful at times to re-read. 

Presentation of the flag
"On behalf of the President of the United States, the Department of the Air Force, and a grateful nation, we offer this flag for the faithful and dedicated service of Staff Sargent Donald Baxter."


Kelly ...like a daughter to my Dad.  

Mom and Kelly
Thank God for my Mom, she has been so supportive 

Thanks Grandma Honey for the beautiful roses.  

At the end of the service a man in a golf cart came to get my Dad to take him to his burial spot. We all had a smile realizing that my dad was getting to take one more ride in a golf cart, he was a great golfer.  

Seriously...just beautiful. Even the flag at half-staff 

Mimi and Nolan 

Uncle Bob and Suzie 


Kelly, Me, and Becky
Two of my bestfriends, I couldn't have gotten through most of this without them. 
I love you girls. 

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment