4.19.2010

Scary

There is one word that can sum mother-hood up: S C A R Y.

Everything about it is scary. Everything gives you anxiety and there are so many times that you do certain things that you've always been told not to do with a child (for example: give them a toy in the grocery store to make them stop crying). I freak out when Nolan cries, or when he picks something dirty up off of the floor to eat, or when he gets dog hair all over him. I'm sure if we do have a second child things MUST get better. I must say though, I am a lot better about this type of stuff than I thought I would be and Dennis is actually turning out to be the crazy parent. I've had a lot of practice with children so it's easier for me to not freak out when he hits his head on a mostly hard rug on top of tile floors. Or maybe I don't freak out enough?

My job has recently gotten all crazy about trainings. Well they sent a few of us to "Parenting 101". I was actually offended when I saw this email telling me that I was already signed up for it. Why me? Why am I going to classes that are similar to what my clients are going to? What the hell people?! We got in the class and I must say it was a really nice refresher. Reminded me that I had learned parenting and development (etc) in my MAJOR in college and that I'm really not as dumb after all about this kind of thing. It was also pretty great to get out of a half day of work. :)

Another part of motherhood that I absolutely HATE has begun. Teething. Generally I hate seeing my baby in pain, I want to go through the pain for him and then just hand him the damn teeth and plop them in. Apparently that's not possible, but trust me, I'd do it. He's been teething all weekend and the teeth are just sitting there right under the gum to where you can see them but know they aren't coming through anytime soon. Damn teasers. Constant fever. Constant crying (actually it's not crying, it's a weird scream that I guess means pain). Constant drool. Constant tears ::heart breaks::

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment