9.29.2010

26 Weeks 1 Day


25 weeks

"The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days."


How far along? 26 weeks 1 day
Baby’s Size: About 14" long (the length of an english cucumber) and a pound and two-thirds.
Total Weight Gain: around 13lbs, holy cow!!!!
Maternity Clothes: Exclusively...I really need more pants for work though.
Gender: Boy!
Movement: Oh yeah, I love watching him move at night!
Sleep: Terrible. I got out the snoogle and now I use that every other night because it gives me aches in the morning after using it so I need a day off in between uses but it really helps to get comfortable.
Symptoms: Uhmm...I've been nauseous some and insanely hungry again. I've been waking up this week and NEEDING to eat, I can feel my tummy gurgling before I even get out of bed.
Best Moments this week: I married the love of my life after 7 years! It was wonderful. Jessica made me a beautiful bouquet and we all went to dinner, complete with a cake!!!! ANNNNDDDD Baby K's cardiologist doesn't believe he will have HLHS anymore and may not even need a cardiologist at birth, YAY!!!!!!
Food Aversions: don't really think anything
Food Cravings: Sweet things at night, I need another tub of cookie batter to make cookies!
What I miss: bending over
What I am Looking forward to: We have our monthly growth scan on Monday, I'm very scared because the only thing the cardiologist did say is that Baby K is measuring small for his gestation...babies with this condition are known to be failure to thrive (like a 2yo who just got to 10lbs) which is why I need monthly growth scans because if he stops growing then I'll need to deliver. Keeping our hopes up though!
Milestones: Almost the third trimester, thank you baby Jesus!!

2 thoughts:

Renee

Congratulations to you and Dennis on tying the knot : ) I am so happy you finally got some good news about Baby K. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Erin

Thank you Renee :) It was definitely a relief to get some good news for once! Thanks for the prayers!!!

Post a Comment